Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Skills, Drills and Thrills - PAA Preseason Cyclocross Training 2019 - Session 3
Tuesday, September 10, 2019, 6:00 PM until 7:30 PM
Park at end of Arroyo Verde Bike Trail
6799-6781 Marmion Way
South Pasadena 91030
Registration is recommended
Cross is coming...... Grab your cross bike and come join in the fun!
Seven Tuesdays through the start of the season we will be holding cyclocross training sessions to get our skills and fitness up. These sessions are designed for ALL levels of fitness and ability, novice to expert.
The sessions will be facilitated practice and training sessions and each session will comprise:
• Skills - clinic style intro to work on specific cyclocross skills (approx 30mins)
• Drills - fun drills to practice our skills (approx 30mins)
• Thrills - training races to work our fitness (race duration approx 15-20mins, will be run in the format similar to an Australian Pursuit)
Each week will have a specific focus:
• Pre-clinic – basic skills and course prep (week 1)
• Starts (week 2 & 7) Sand pit (week 2 & 7)
• Barriers (week 2 & 7)
• Dismounts/remount (week 3 & 6)
• Running with bike (week 3 & 6)
• Ascents/descents/stairs (week 3 & 6)
• Cornering techniques and line choice (week 4 & 7)
The sessions are designed and run by a USAC Certified Coach.
Sessions in August/September will start at 6pm sharp. As we move into October, sessions will start at 5:30pm to account for less light available.
These sessions are free to PAA members.